· TÜV Rheinland certifies Qcells' Quality Controlled PV program.
· Qcells acquires Growing Energy Labs Inc (GELI), a leading provider of energy storage solutions.
· With existing operations in Europe and Australia, Qcells expands into the U.S. solar + storage market.
· A Q.ENERGY service allows customers to buy and consume 100% clean energy whether or not they own a solar system. Qcells' Q.ENERGY service supplies 100% clean, green energy sourced from Germany and Austria to local customers, benefiting both the environment and their homes.
· 2019 is the year Qcells Three billion Q.ANTUM solar cells have been mass produced by.
· The new solar module series, Q.PEEK DUO-G9, based on the Q.ANTUM DUO Z Technology, adds Zero-gap technology to the already excellent Q.ANTUM DUO Technology.
· In Dalton, Georgia, USA, Qcells opens the largest solar module manufacturing plant in the Western Hemisphere, producing 12,000 PV modules per day.
· The new Contracting for Solar Systems business model is introduced to small and medium-sized businesses as well as owners of residential properties so they can acquire low-cost solar power without upfront capital.
· Qcells introduces Q.HOME Energy Storage Solution – a unified energy solution that combines Qcells solar modules + inverters + energy storage.
· Polycrystalline solar modules from Q.ANTUM Technology achieves the highest leve of efficiency at 19.5%.
· Qcells is the first company to manufacture solar cells at GW-scale using PERC technology leading to a 1.5 GW supply contract with NextEra Energy Resources, LLC was signed.
· Qcells became the first company in the world to mass produce and commercial PERC solar cells, under its brand Q.ANTUM.
· Adopted Quality Tested program developed by VDE, an independent certification institute from Germany, setting new standards for holistic quality assurance.
· Fraunhofer Institute (ISE) confirms Q.ANTUM Technology has achieved a 19.5% efficiency record for its polycrystalline solar cells.
· Solar industry's first full-square monocrystalline Q6L cell provides 3% more power than the pseudo-square mono-crystalline cells.
· Qcells is the first company to develop Hot-SpotFree cells.
· Qcells introduces the new Q6L 6-inch cell (156x156mm) to offer improved performance and maximum utilization of the module's surface area.
· Thalheim producesthe Q6, its first polycrystalline solar cell with its new production line.
· The Q6M is Qcells' first monocrystalline cell.